While we all ‘stay home’ this Easter, we have been reflecting on how to enjoy our Easter holiday at home in the Outback. We have come up with a list of five ways we can share this break with family and friends.
Enjoy the Outback with friends and family, here’s how:
- Have a ‘virtual’ picnic with family. Set a time and date with family and charge your i-pad. Prepare a yummy picnic lunch and set up on the lawn. Connect with your loved ones via skype or facetime and enjoy a afternoon luncheon. You may not be able to share the food but will enjoy the social interaction while appropriately socially distanced.
- Supporting our local Foodie businesses. Our cafes, pubs and restaurants are being hardest hit at the moment. Closing their doors to customers and only selling take away meals and beverages is impacting greatly on their viability. To help we can all try to buy a few more takeaway meals. We all know Friday’s Fish day, so do a google search and find the best fish takeaway in your town and share a photo of your meal on social media. Our bet is you’ll be jealous of our meals and be heading out our way and soon as you can to order!
- Getting out of the house and exercising is a good for both your physical and mental health. A walk around our towns is even more fun at the moment as we are all ‘going on a bear hunt‘. Makes sense in the ‘outback teddy bear capital’, Tambo but this is a world wide movement that we love being a part of. How many teddy bears can you spot in your neighborhood? Did you spot any Tambo Teddies?
- Take photos of your beautiful piece of the Outback. Capture a sunset, a sunrise or an image of what make your place special! Share these images with the hashtag and be a part of the Outback Queensland‘s magic moments campaign. Show the world what makes the Outback so special! Tag your magic moments #outbackqldmagicmoments and email any special stories or images through to OQTA. Don’t forget to tag #totallytambo and #betterinblackall as well.
- Let’s engage a bit of nostalgia and take the time we never have these days to write a letter or two. It might be a note of thanks to your local food store, a letter to your grandmother or a quick hi to an old friend.
Most importantly stay home and stay safe this Easter.
Enjoy Australia Day in the Bush.
Breaky at the Blackall Aquatic Centre.
Free entry and breakfast from 7.00 am to 10.00 am. Presentations at 8.30 am.
Followed by the Blackall P’n’C’s Sports Star of the Year and Outback Dash for Cash – 2 pm at the Blackall Showgrounds – $5 entry fee.
Christmas craft markets, gallery display and cent sale.
Opening event on Friday evening includes a full Christmas buffet.
Free entry on Saturday morning.
2 day Clay Target Coaching Clinic at Blackall.
2 day clinic for anyone clay target shooter wishing to improve their skill set.
Limited places to the first 25.
For more information contact: Joe Taylor or Anita Dennis email@example.com
Part of the Western Queensland world-series 100 target handicap.
A regional clay target competition across the central west.
The highest points scorer over the 100 targets wins!
For more information contact the Blackall Clay Target Club on 4657 5954.
2019 Acrylic Workshop with Craig Penny
The 2 day workshop is available to regional artists only.
“Out There” 5 Day Artist Retreat with Acrylic and ‘Pen and Wash’ Watercolorist Craig Penny
When: 21 – 25 August 2019
Cost: $2100 p/p – 5 Days 6 Nights
*Price includes Blackall accommodation, meals, transfers, tutor and workshop fees. All levels welcome, including non-painting partners. Payment plans available.
The annual art exhibition and competition has been running for over 20 years has built up a solid reputation as the place for artists to display, compete and sell their art works.
The 2019 Exhibition opening night and award presentation will be no exception with over $9000 in prize money on offer.
2019 Pastel Workshop and Retreat with artist Lyn Diefenbach
The 2 day workshop is only available to regional artists.
Out There Retreat:
7 – 11 August 2019
Cost: $2100 p/p – 5 Days 6 Nights
*Price includes Blackall accommodation, meals, transfers, tutor and workshop fees. All levels welcome, including non-painting partners. Payment Plans available.