We’ve got plenty for you to see and do!
- Salvator Rosa National Park: A must see part of our beautiful landscape that is our very own slice of the Carnarvon National Park with camping facilities and walking tracks. You can really ‘get away from it all’ for days!
- Tambo Teddies: Authentic, quality, individual, Australian Made Teddy Bear sheepskin souvenirs with a Royal seal of approval. Call in and watch come to life, right in front of your eyes!
- Ben’s Chicken Racing: You read that right. Turns out you can race anything! Seven nights a week, from May to October (when restrictions aren’t in place), Calcutta style chicken racing and fundraising for the Royal Flying Doctor Service, with the most colourful chickens in the west!
- The Tambo Heritage Precinct: Learn everything there is to know about the oldest town in the Central West from within the walls of our very own original Post and Telegraph Offices.
- The Coolibah Walk: There’s no better place to see outback jewels, like our sunrises and sunsets, than right on the banks of the mighty Barcoo River. The Coolibah walk has tables and chairs, dotted conveniently along its length, allowing you to stop, and really smell the fresh clean air of the Outback.
- The Grassland Art Gallery: A modern, classic haven, that features works of art in all mediums, from artists all over the country. You’ll be blown away by our local talents, on display, as well as our friends from far away. And with so many locally crafted pieces, you’re sure to find something that tickles your fancy.
Escape the confines, escape the city, and see the bush.
Enjoy the fresh air, enjoy the stars, enjoy Tambo – COVID FREE.