‘Flo’ as she has been affectionately named, originally hailed from the Dennis factory in Surrey, UK. She was shipped to Australia in 1928 and was originally put to work in Brisbane where she spent twenty-odd years.
Flo headed west to Charleville after WWII and from there was eventually sold to the Tambo Fire Brigade in 1956.
As a Water Pump she was notoriously unreliable and difficult to start; legend has it that she took so long to start fires were already out before she even arrived on the scene!
The Tambo Community restored her in time for their 150 year celebrations in 2013, after which she was housed in an architecturally designed shed taking pride of place on Tambo’s main drag.